No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. Join a 5km Easter Egg Hunt run in Regent’s Park (yes, complete with chocolate treats on the way) followed by Mimosas. Makes you suddenly LOVE sport.
2. Don’t miss the exhibition dedicated to Wes Anderson’s latest movie, Isle of Dogs, featuring 17 original hand-crafted sets… Stunning.
3. Enjoy a movie marathon at the Prince Charles Cinema on Sunday: all three Lord of the Ring movies in a row.
4. You already know pub crawls >> Easter comes with a… funky one in London, the Christathon: going from one biblically named pub to another dressed as Jesus. This year’s will be on Sunday and no it’s a joke!
5. If you love video games, don’t miss Power Up at the Science Museum: 180 consoles, games ranging from Pong to Pacman via Minecraft and Mario. Happiness for the whole family!
Culture and art in London
1. Can you believe women only got the right to vote one hundred years ago in the UK? The V&A dedicates its late evening this Friday to feminism, activism, democracy and what still needs to be done today: workshops, mini conferences, poetry…
2. A new sculpture, ‘The Invisible Enemy Should Not Exist’, has appeared on the fourth plinth! Learn about its story here.
3. The most beautiful historical house in London? No hesitation – you will find it in Strawberry Hill. Have a look.
4. The largest official collection of original James Bond vehicles is at the London Film Museum.
5. Discover Bengali culture at the Museum of London this Saturday and Sunday: traditional dancing, film, photography, craft, poetry, storytelling, henna…
London foodie ideas
1. Caravan in King’s Cross will do Easter Egg Lattes this weekend – yes, served in Chocolate eggs! The Canopy Market nearby always if worth stopping too: music, street food, designers’ stalls, craft workshop for kids…
2. Bunga Bunga will be have a decadent Easter egg pizza on is menu this Friday and Saturday.
3. Yauatcha has just launched its Spring Collection, a range of exquisite, incredibly pretty gateaux and macarons. Amongst the new creations are: Yellow (lemon sesame tart), Pink (ginger cheesecake mousse, rhubarb compote and almond streusel), Cocoa forastero (41% Alunga milk chocolate, passion fruit confit and a chocolate sacher sponge), as well as bergamot pistachio, vanilla sudachi and kumquat cashew macarons.
4. Duck and Waffle will be serving the cutest dessert this Sunday: a white chocolate duck, filled with mint chocolate foam, chocolate mousse and brownie pieces. With a hot salted caramel sauce, of course.
5. Mr Fogg’s is hosting a Sunday Easter Tipsy Tea: daffodils on the tables, harpist, Easter egg desserts and ‘Easter Egg Cocktail’.
London for families
2. Have fun at the Horniman Museum’s Easter fair this Saturday and Sunday: storytelling, hoping dance workshop, rides, markers, craft workshop, face painting…
3. Enjoy Peter Rabbit activities in Kew Gardens: Mr McGregor’s vegetable garden, bunny ears workshop, Peter Rabbit’s paw prints trail…
4. There is a free mini golf in Canary Wharf. Just saying.
5. Go searching for giant ducks at the London Wetland Centre.