No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way. immersive VR games at the Business Design Centre,
London off the beaten path
1. The Games Festival is back in London this Saturday: there will be augmented reality games and arcarde games on Trafalgar Square, virtual reality experiences at the Business Design Centre, exhibition presenting video games between the 90s and now at the Somerset House….
2. Not to be missed: the immersive exhibition “Sense of space” on Exchange Square. One room is filled with blooms, another with doodles, another changes colour based on movements, the last is fragrant with lavender and has giant cushions to relax on.
3. Wine therapy has finally arrived in London – spa like! Treatments and massages use grape seed oil, grape vine leaves, grape extracts, grape juice and of course, wine.
4. Click here to find the prettiest cherry blossoms in London.
5. Royal wedding fever: there is now a Prince Harry tour of London every Sunday.
Culture and art in London
1. Blue, white, red – the colours of patriotism in the UK. But alos in France, the US, North Korea. The Getty Images Gallery explores in photographs how this national identity varies around the world.
2. The Museum of Childhood explores the influence of Nordic design (think Ikea, Lego, Moomins…) in our children’s world.
3. Join the Frankenstein Festival at the Science Museum: futuristic play, enigmas to solve, film-adventures
4. Have a look at Lee Ufan’s sculptures in Kensington Gardens: a harmony between mirrors and nature.
5. The Royal Albert Hall has an immersive drama tour dedicated to suffragettes on Sundays.
London foodie ideas
2. Make sure you try London’s new street food market, Deptford Bites. Thai, African, New Orleans… There is something for everyone there.
3. Chin Chin Lab (Soho) serves a sweet version of Tacos: filled with avocado ice cream!
4. 5 fantastic addresses where you can sip absinth in London.
5. Looking for a romantic bar? Roka in Soho has decorated the whole length of its ceiling with cherry blossoms.
London for families
1. Wow effect guaranteed at the Toy Con, where designers present their latest creations.
2. Lots of fun awaits at the Battersea Power Station: family skate lessons, roller disco, imagination playground, ping pong tables…
3. The butterfly house has returned to the Natural History Museum.
4. To mark the re-opening of the Great Pagoda, Kew Gardens has organised a dragon trail with many sculptures throughout the gardens.
5. The Magic Garden, Hampton Court Palace’s extraordinary playground, has reopened for summer.
Click on the map to see where the events are!