No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
2. The Cosplay parade dedicated to video game characters, this Saturday, will be worth the detour.
3. The West Norwood Free Film Festival will be screening ET this Saturday evening.
4. There is a free mini golf in Canary Wharf.
5. The Lyric Theatre plays Simon & Garfunkel’s story.
Culture and art in London
1. The National Gallery presents Monet’s representation of architecture through his travels: Normandy, Rouen, Paris, London, Venice, villages by the coast…
2. See Devil with a blue dress, a play on the Monica Lewinsky scandal at the Bunker Theatre.
3. Or enjoy Trainspotting on stage at The Vaults.
4. Make the most of the London Spanish Film Festival.
5. Learn about life underground in the Churchill War Rooms between 1938 and the end of the war.
London foodie ideas
1. Meet Imad Alarnab, a Syrian chef and refugee living in London. His two restaurants in Damascus now destroyed by war, he is opening a pop-up address on Columbia Road with Help Refugees to present his country’s delicious dishes. The restaurant will be staffed by volunteers and the profits will go to the Hope Hospital.
2. Love gravy? Dip & Flip serves it with all its dishes. And yes, you can dip burgers and sandwiches…
3. The first craft beer cruise is making its maiden voyage on the Thames this Saturday. On the menu: brews by 10 of the best microbreweries of the capital.
4. Macaron + ice-cream = macaron ice-cream sandwiches by Yolkin, who are opening a shop in Soho this Saturday. YAY!
5. Learn all about the latest trends at the London Coffee Festival – from the best origins to cold brews via latte art and cocktails.
London for families
1. Enjoy Michael Rosen’s Chocolate Cake on stage at the Polka Theatre. You might already know the author for his fantastic We’re Going on a Bear Hunt story…
2. Join a storytelling session at the Discover Children’s story centre. This week is all about A squash and a squeeze by Julia Donaldson
3. Kids can learn to make a DIY concert at the Tate Britain this weekend.
4. This Saturday, little ones can spot different animal patterns and use tablets to make a 3D animal model to take home at the British Museum.
5. The Dulwich Picture Garden will show children how the great outdoors can inspire art on Sunday: yoga, tents to decorate, craft workshops…
Click on the map to see where the events are!