No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. Not to be missed this weekend: Little Venice’s canalcade, a waterways festival with over 100 beautiful narrowboats joining. The atmosphere is always incredible. There will be Morris Dancers, activities for families and a procession of illuminated boats Sunday at 9pm.
2. It’s (summer) rooftop season! Start with Skylight London, at Tobacco Dock: pétanque, croquet, street food, watermelon mojito and a fab view on the City.
3. Join Pop Brixton’s Cinco de Mayo fiesta this Saturday: tacos, tequila, bands and DJ + an ‘Around the World’ theme (Moroccan tea room, Japanese Zen garden, Caribbean beach).
4. Enjoy a (free) Bollywood dance workshop at the Southbank Centre on Monday.
5. Or a (free) The Simpsons all day screening at the Genesis Cinema.
Culture and art in London
1.Join the Handel + Hendrix museum’s (the house where both musician lived)’s late evening this Friday: baroque musicians on the first floor, art macabre on the second, acoustic music in Jimi’s apartment and cocktail bar, of course.
2. May 68 – how has it been 50 days already? Laz Inc. pays tribute to these historical riots through 50 original posters, plastered along the walls of France at the time.
3. The London Concert Orchestra will be playing the very best scores by Oscar-winning composer John Williams at the Southbank Centre this Saturday: E.T., Jaws, Superman, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park…
4. The Hix Art Gallery in Shoreditch gave Stormtroopers helmets to a selection of artists and asked them to turn the Dark Side into the Art Side. Brilliant.
5. The Tate Modern’s new sculpture seems worthy of a horror movie. Will you dare step into the room?
London foodie ideas
1. The Skip Garden’s Fire Feast is the place to be this Friday: the first crops will be cooked over charcoal & wood fires then baked onto pizzas, there will be cordials, a cocktail and craft beer and the trio from Dig It Soundsytem will make you want to dance…
2. Try a Sushi Sandwich at Sourced Market in St Pancras.
3. Bubbledogs serves a super gourmet hot-dog: bacon-wrapped dog, topped with celery relish, truffle mayonnaise & melted gruyere. Wow.
4. The cutest cocktail in London? The Plenty More Fish in the G&T at The Refinery – a ‘gold fish’ (made of citrus peel) served in plastic free biodegradable bag, the water being replaced by a G&T. Delicious and super Instagram-friendly.
5. The Tanqueray pop-up, dedicated to their Seville orange gin, is a real little haven…
London for families
1. Learn how to make petals and flowers with your fingerprints at the Unicorn Theatre this Saturday.
2. Join slime workshops on Saturday and Sunday to make your own or play with extraordinary textures.
3. Okido, a fantastic magazine for children will show families how fun science can be this Sunday.
4. The little ones will love the Royal Albert Hall’s classical music concert designed just for them on Sunday.
5. Kids will love the May Day Festival at the Stepney City Farm this Monday: music, Maypole and barn dancing, sheep shearing, craft workshops and the 20th birthday celebrations of George and Dunstan – the farm donkeys.