No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. The Old Vic is celebrating its 200th anniversary this Saturday: procession of artists, special performances, family fun and street party.
2. Take a stroll through Canary Wharf: there are 6 pianos, free to be played on.
3. See a street art mural dedicated to the royal wedding on St Christopher’s Place.
4. The Royal Albert Hall presents Space Spectacular: an extraordinary concerts dedicated to music from deep space and beyond (Star Wars • Superman • E.T. • Close Encounters of the Third Kind • Star Trek • Thunderbirds) , with lights, lasers and indoor fireworks.
5. Enjoy the Independent Label Market at Old Spitalfields Market this Saturday with 100 labels attending, craft beer and DJ
Culture and art in London
1. Proud Central presents a fantastic selection of portraits of Marilyn Monroe taken by Milton H. Greene.
2. The Design Museum’s new exhibition showcases Azzedine Alaïa’s incredible haute couture creations.
3. Look for gems at Eltham Palace’s Art Deco Fair.
4. Families sent soldiers over 2 billion letters and 140 million parcels during the First World War. Discover the incredible logistic required through an immersive exhibition in Regent’s Park this Saturday.
5. Join the Tower of London’s Feminist fête this Sunday, inspired by the Women’s Social and Political Union’s (WSPU) Women’s Exhibition 1909: library and games area to discover feminist stories, a café area to debate over a cup of tea and slice of cake, a photo exhibition…
London foodie ideas
1. Indulge in a fantastic breakfast at the Barge House, by the canal: artisan sourdough loaf filled with savoury deliciousness such as the Original (sausages, slow roasted tomato, leeks, oyster mushrooms, spinach, topped with a free range egg and sprinkled with cheese), the Smoked Salmon (with spinach, leeks, smoked salmon, crème fraiche & topped with a free range egg & sprinkled with cheese), the Hot Stuff (with chorizo, hot beans, red peppers, chilli mushrooms, spinach, topped with a free range egg and sprinkled with cheese)…
2. Did you know the coffee served at the Tate is roasted at the Tate Britain, in a former Second World War
3. The Canopy Market in King’s Cross, will be all about chocolate this weekend.
4. The best addresses to enjoy vermouth cocktails in London? Click here to know where to taste it infused with elderflower, Assam tea, strawberry ice-cream, Morello cherries…
5. Alternatively, try the ones created for the royal wedding.
London for families
1. Meet authors and join family workshops at the Barnes Children’s Literature Festival.
2. Kids can make their own animal paper art at the Grant Museum of Zoology on Saturday, inspired by the collections around them.
3. OKIDO, an arts and science magazine for young children, will also organise activities around animals for the little ones on Sunday.
4. SPLICE, the Audio Visual Arts Festival, will have a kids session on Sunday with fun experiments for the kids and a screening of Moomins and the comet.
5. Covent Garden’s church will host a May Fayre in its adorable garden, featuring a fantastic selection of (free) Punch and Judy and puppet shows.
Click on the map to see where the events are!