No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
2. Have at the Frida Kahlo pop-up in Belgravia: there are jewellery making, Mexican cocktails, flower headdresses, paper flowers and even floral embroidery workshops to enjoy.
3. It’s party time at the Royal Academy of Arts: creative activities (Architectural model making, Flying flags, Art party hats, Printmaking), performances and music (poetry, disco…), DJ, art installations, cocktails….
4. Old Spitalfields Market celebrates the Royal Wedding with a street party, DJ and family workshops this Saturday.
5. Covent Garden celebrates spring with a pop up urban garden and floral decorations all around.
6. Have fun at the Urban Village Fete (Greenwich Peninsula) this Sunday: music, shows, workshops (clay, jazz dance, embroidery, perfume making), musical bingo and street food.
Culture and art in London
1. Make the most of the Museums at Night events this Friday: candlelit tour of the Benjamin Franklin House and Sir John Soane’s Museum (Friday), sweet games at the Chocolate Museum, Dickensian evening at the Foundling Museum…
2. A must see at Sadler’s Wells: Jane Eyre’s adaptation on stage by the Northern Ballet.
3. Look up! These are London’s most stunning ceilings.
4. We love the Southbank Centre’s (B)Old initiative. Amongst other amazing ideas is a Living Library on Sunday: you can “borrow a person” and hear stories from people aged 65 years and over…
5. Stop by the D Contemporary Gallery to see Alexander James’ underwater flowers – surreal.
London foodie ideas
1. The Lebanese Bakery in Covent Garden now serves manousheh, a delicious breakfast pizza. Choose from: diced beef/pomegranate/baby roca/pine nuts, free-range eggs/kashkawan cheese or halawa/strawberry/pistachios.
2. Stop by Old Street Station to try Pão de queijo, Brazilian cheese buns to die for.
3. Wow. Yamagoya is now serving a raindrop cake, a fascinating creation looking just like a drop of water.
4. Harry and Meghan are tying the knot soon… How about celebrating with a royal wedding afternoon tea?
5. At First Aid Box, cocktails are therapeutic, medicinal, even (but all on the fun side).
London for families
1. The Open Book Theatre will be playing Alice in Wonderland for 4-12 years old in the Crossrail roof gardens (Canary Wharf) this Saturday. Free.
2. Enjoy carnival vibes at York Gardens this weekend as well as family activities, dance workshops and street food.
3. Children will love the pizza festival at Borough Market Sunday,
4. Did you know you can use your mobile or tablet (free wifi on site) at the V&A to have access to games, quizzes and even hairstyling challenges for children to complete?
5. Celebrate the World Bee Day at the Alexandra Place Garden Centre this Sunday: demonstrations (child sized beekeepers suit available), candle making with bees wax, honey infused cakes…
Click on the map to see where the events are!