No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. Cyclists bare it all this Saturday for the Naked Bike Ride, a fun way to show how vulnerable you can be when pedalling through the city. The event takes place every year, attracting more and more participants.
2. The fastest zipwire in the world (50 km/h) is in London, on Southbank, for the summer.
3. Pop Brixton will be celebrating its third birthday this Saturday: incredible outfits, soul, jazz, world music and family workshops.
4. Ever heard of Massaoke? A sensational live band plays rock, pop and indie classic, the lyrics are screened on a giant screen, and the whole audience joins in. Try it this Saturday near Tower Bridge – it’s free!
5. Tens of thousands will march from Hyde Park to Westminster this Sunday, marking 100 years since the first British women won the right to vote. Every participant will be given a green, white or violet wrap to wear (the colours of the suffragettes) to create a human tricolour river. It’s free to join.
Culture and art in London
1. Lee Bul transformed the Hayward Gallery into a shiny, futuristic fourth dimension filled with cyborgs, hypnotising mirrors, a Zeppelin…
2. We love this super tiny but heart warming gallery in Soho.
3. Want to listen to Gospel in London? Click here.
4. Did you know Cyrano de Bergerac had written about space travels back in the 17th century? Quentin Blake illustrated his Voyages to the moon and sun – you can see his work at the House of Illustration.
5. Make the most of the Open Garden Square Weekend to discover urban green havens rarely open to the public.
London foodie ideas
1. The most intagrammable breakfast is at Feya, near Oxford Street. It’s all irresistibly cute.
2. Jump onboard the Murder Express: an immersive theatre and culinary experience with a twist, on aboard a luxurious period dining car.
3. Love Westworld? Try the Moonshine Saloon and its 100% Western decor in Chelsea.
4. If you’re more in the mood for champagne, flamingos and afternoon tea, head to the Sanderson.
5. Enjoy £2 signature dishes for at the Soho Food Feast this weekend. All profits go to a good cause so no guilt in wanting to try ALL the street food around!
London for families
1. Enjoy the magic of Peter Pan at Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre.
2. Open House, the famous architecture festival, dedicates the weekend to children: there will be plenty of fun (and free) workshops throughout London to learn about iconic buildings and reinvent the skyline.
3. House of Vans will be screening Thor on Saturday and Captain America on Sunday. It’s free!
4. Imagine the future through creative games and workshops this Saturday at the Imagination Lab: VR, robots, technology…
5. The Puppet Theatre Barge in Little Venice plays The Little Riding Hood, presented by its exquisite creations.
Click on the map to see where the events are!