No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. Forget Southbank. Walk along the Thames towards Lambeth instead until you find Tamesis Dock. This converted 1930s Dutch barge-turned-pub is perfect for a drink with a view on the Parliament… They have Funky Friday evenings too, DJ included.
2. Ever heard of Massaoke? A sensational live band plays rock, pop and indie classic, the lyrics are screened on a giant screen, and the whole audience joins in. Try it this Friday near Tower Bridge – it’s free!
4. Enjoy a yoga lesson with live music at the Royal Albert Hall this Saturday.
5. Make a detour via Soho’s village fête on Sunday, vibrant with entertainment. There even will be a waiters’ race (and on another scale, snail races).
Culture and art in London
1. Every year, the Square Mile adds funky contemporary sculptures to its streets. The new series have just been set so get your camera ready! Click here for a few pics of the new creations and here to download a map.
2. The Horniman Museum is opening a gallery filled with fascinating and slightly different objects such as an “eco-warrior’s helmet”, covered in spikes of sea shells…
3. The Iris Theatre is playing The Tempest in the little garden, right by Covent Garden’s church.
4. The Noh Reimagined festival pays a tribute to an iconic Japanese theatrical tradition born in the 14th century.
5. Enjoy a free outdoors classical music concert in King’s Cross on Sunday. It’s free! The Aurora Orchestra will treat listeners to a performance of excerpts from Mozart’s 40th Symphony.
London foodie ideas
1. Wow, the heat, this week! We’re dreaming of Grind’s Iced Matcha…
2. Make a detour to try Cocotte, a haute-rotisserie where chicken is an art.
3. L’Ami Malo‘s galettes (especially the confit duck leg one) are quite memorable. We particularly loved the lemon soufflé pancakes for dessert. Quite a twist!
4. How cute are these chocolate-blueberry tartlets by Peggy Porschen?
5. Click here for the best ice-cream places in London. You can find us at Gelupo in Soho, Ruby Violet in King’s Cross, Chin Chin Labs or Mamasons in Camden and Happy Endings in Old Spitalfields Market.
London for families
1. Kids can join a free gardening workshop at Hay’s Galleria this Saturday.
3. The Unicorn Theatre will hold a free rainbow making craft workshop this Saturday.
4. Children can learn about plants, nature, the cosmos and even make bomb seeds on Saturdays at the Skip Garden (King’s Cross)
5. The little ones will love using the British Museum’s photobooth this Sunday to become a pharaoh, an Egyptian god…
Click on the map to see where the events are!