No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. Make a detour via the African Market in Camden: designers, cuisine, traditional fashion and craft pieces, live performances, a hands-on musical drumming circle, and face painting for children.
2. Share the love and join the Pride parade – the full program is here.
3. The Tall Ships return to Greenwich this weekend with 10 fantastic boats cruising up and down the river – what a sight! The tickets for the cruise are not cheap (£65 by day, 85 at night with fireworks) but it does beat the Thames Clipper.
4. Cirque Bijou offers incredible aerial performances in Kew Garden’s Victorian greenhouse made even more magical by live classical music.
5. Regent Street will be traffic free every Sunday in July and quite fun too: retro themed arcade games, a city chic garden party, giant deck chairs, tea tasting, a family-friendly colouring in wall, floral and fitness workshops…
Culture and art in London
1. Discover 25 contemporary art work of all kind of sizes in Regent’s park for Frieze Sculpture 2018. One is signed Tracey Emin! Click here to see the map indicating where each piece is. and here for the beautifully presented family trail.
2. Do not miss the Hope to Nope: graphics and politics au Design Museum.The part on Trump is particularly good.
3. Art night is back this Saturday, with free installations and shows between Southbank and Battersea Power Station.
4. Discover how ordinary Londoners coped with rationing, evacuation, war work… at home during the Second World War at the Imperial War Museum.
5. Listen to the amazing Gospel choir Singology at the Scoop this Sunday (free)
London foodie ideas
1. The Queen of Hoxton has opened its summer rooftop. The theme? Las Vegas in 2030 (complete with its Little Vegas Wedding Chapel and slot machines), after a Trumpageddon uprising. A fun place for a cocktail.
2. The Canopy Market, already a hit for its street food and DJs, will have a craft beer special this weekend.
3. Have a drink in Leake Street tunnel’s new pop-up, the Rat Bar, inspired by Banksy’s original graffiti. You will even see one of his pieces on the walls there.
4. The Sanderson’s latest dessert found inspiration in Wimbledon: an edible Yuzu and Bergamot tennis ball, complete with crispy meringue and fresh blueberries. Yum.
5. Create your own Magnum ice-cream at the pop-up shop in Chelsea: toppings, coulis, crystallised flowers…
London for families
1. Children will love the free circus workshop in Canary Wharf this Saturday.
2. There will be all sorts of family games to entertain the little ones in Grosvenor Square this Saturday.
3. Under 5s and their parents can join choreographer and artist, Aya Kobayashi, to explore the Tate Britain’s galleries in a fun way this Saturday. Free but book a space.
4. Enjoy free shadow theatre plays and puppet workshops at John Lewis Oxford Street this weekend.
5. Make cute rabbits out of pompoms this Saturday at Hay Galleria’s. The workshop is free.
Click on the map to see where the events are!