No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. Enjoy a day of African culture this Saturday at Camden Market with traditional fashion and craft, live entertainment, musical workshop, face paiting for the kids and authentic cuisine.
2. Watch woman accrobats in Guildhall Yard this weekend. There will be aerial gymnastics, Chinese pole demonstrations and dance storytelling… and it’s all free. You can even try a speedy circus workshops at lunchtime on both days.
3. Gamers, rejoice, you can now play Mario Kart as a VR experience at the O2.
4. Learn how to recreate Van Gogh’s starry night at Pop-Up Painting’s event this Saturday: brush in one hand, glass of wine in the other. No talent nor experience necessary, just
5. Join the free yoga sessions organised by Lululemon on Sunday mornings, on the Duke of York Square green
Culture and art in London
1. The Iris Theatre is playing The Tempest in the adorable little garden at the back of Covent Garden’s church.
2. Buckingham Palace has reopened to the public for the summer. Its exhibition, this year, is curated by Prince Charles who selected a hundred art work from his own collections.
3. Stop by the HMS Belfast this Saturday to learn how this magnificent ship is kept in top condition.
4. Enjoy a free Folk and Blues Festival in Tooting this weekend…
5. … and a free jazz concert in Hyde Park on Sunday.
London foodie ideas
1. Lovers of exceptional berews, make sure you stop by the Craft Beer Festival at Tobacco Dock this weekend. No less than 50 microbreweries will be sharing their best creations.
2. You already know the Curry Mile on Brick Lane. Try the Vietnamese equivalent, the Pho Mile in East London.
3. Our new addiction? Happy Lemon’s Green tea with cream crown, also known as cheese tea. While these 2 words do not sound like they belong together, the result is absolutely delightful. Imagine a velvety cheesecake foam on top of a fragrant tea… Addictive.
4. Flesh and Buns in Fitzrovia has a “Press for Prosecco” button.
5. Click here for a fantastic list of alcohol infused ice cream delights in London.
London for families
1. Enjoy free family movies on Leicester Square this weekend: the Lion King, Trolls, Ferdinand…
2. Have a look at masks, costumes and puppets from the Lion King musical at the Disney pop-up in Covent Garden. Visitors can also step inside Aladdin’s Cave of Wonders to get a photo with the legendary lamp.
3. Enjoy a family-friendly outdoor theatre production of Alice in Wonderland in the most magical setting, Kew Gardens.
4. The English National Ballet will organise free family workshops inspired by Swan Lake in Canary Wharf this Sunday.
5. Make a detour via Battersea Power Station: imagination playground, storytelling, T-shirt design printing…
Click on the map to see where the events are!