No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. See Moulin Rouge projected on a giant screen this Friday, on the dock of a boat, cruise on the Thames included. On a budget? Enjoy free film screenings at House of Vans in the tunnels under Waterloo: Forest Gump on Saturday, Dirty Dancing on Sunday.
2. Listen to DJs at the Tate Modern this Friday evening.
3. Rush to Play Expo, the UK’s largest arcade and retro gaming show, featuring video games from the past, present and future.
4. Ever heard of Wonderball? An immersive way to play ping pong at Bounce with surreal projections on the table, turning it into a giant computer game
5. We love Alexandra Palace’s cool pedal boats: giant swans, cars, dragons…
Culture and art in London
1. Enjoy an outdoor representation of King Arthur, by Tower Bridge. Free, Wednesdays to Saturdays at 19.30, Sundays at 17.30.
2. See Amelia Jone’s interpretation of body metamorphosis at the Whitechapel Gallery.
3. Love the giant sculpture floating on the Hyde Park lake? See more work signed by the artists, Christo and Jeanne-Claude, at the Serpentine Gallery.
4. See Belly of the Whale, a fantastic outdoor show in Deptford, where performers ride a giant see-saw sculpture which creaks and groans like a boat on the sea.
5. Let the Cuban version of Carmen wow you at Saddler’s Wells.
London foodie ideas
1. Try Lebanese pizza for breakfast – it’s soooo good!
2. The Street East festival returns to Carnaby Street this Saturday: street food stalls, a huge picnic table in the middle of street, live music, DJ sets and bean bags.
3. Fancy something more exotic? Try Comida Fest at Potters Fields Park for South American street food.
4. London used to feast on pies and mash, jellied eels and liquor, cockles… Only a few addresses, deliciously retro, still serve these dishes. A festival will be dedicated to these delicacies this Sunday in Greenwich, should you be nostalgic.
5. Better than a pub crawl > join this tour on Saturday to discover five of Hackney’s craft beer hubs.
London for families
1. Fancy a zen morning? Try the (free) Mindful little yogi session at Foyles Charing Cross this Saturday.
2. Enjoy free family movies on Leicester Square this weekend: the Lion King, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles…
3. The Golden Hinde invites you to travel to Neverland this Sunday: experience the story with performances, meet Peter Pan and his friends, enjoy storytelling and take part to lots of fun activities.
4. Create a mini garden inspired by Gainsborough’s scenes at the Royal Academy of Arts this Sunday.
5. Adventurers to be will love Dinosaurs in the wild in Greenwich: a museum/theme park with immersive experiences and digital fun.
Click on the map to see where the events are!