No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. Celebrate Madonna’s genius at The Grand’s themed party this Friday. DJs, dance floor, cabaret, remixes: there will be many opportunities to sing all the hits. And yes, you can come dressed as the Queen of Pop.
2. Have fun at Alexandra Palace’s annual Great Fête this Saturday: live music, silent disco in the woods, block party cinema, art projects, wellbeing sessions (pilates, zumba…), family fun and more!
3. The Southbank Centre celebrates 250 years of circus this weekend with a myriad of free shows this weekend. Have a look at the program here.
4. Stop by the Africa Centre Summer Festival, the largest African festival in the UK to discover a fantastic mosaic of music, dance, food and fashion.
5. Fancy watching a movie on a rooftop? The Queen of Hoxton will screen Purple Rain this Saturday.
Culture and art in London
1. Enjoy a (free) jazz festival in Greenwich this weekend.
2. The Design Museum has a fascinating exhibition on the posters used during May 68.
3. Take a costume backstage tour of the National Theatre this Saturday.
4. The V&A offers a free LGBTQ tour of its collections on Sundays, presenting a selection of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer related objects.
5. The Friends of Greenwich Park offer free afternoon concerts at the kiosk in Greenwich Park this summer. There will be one this Sunday at 3pm.
London foodie ideas
2. Quench your thirst with an iced coffee. Here is where to find the best ones in London.
3. Make the most of the fantastic Espresso Martini Fest this weekend – all cocktails are at £6.
4. Forget pub crawls and join the Margarita March this Saturday.
5. Celebrate the Afternoon Tea Week and indulge yourself. Here a fantastic selection: Mary Poppins, truffle inspired, floral, artistic…
London for families
1. The Walking with dinosaurs show at the O2 is sure to make your little ones roar in delight.
2. The Greenwich Theatre presents The Jungle Book on stage.
3. Canary Wharf will offer free movie screenings – Ratatouille on Saturday, Toy Story on Sunday.
4. Enjoy a saxophone concert designed just for kids at the Royal Albert Hall this Saturday.
5. Battersea Power Station has a full family weekend planned with lots of hula hoop fun. All workshops are free if you spend £5 in one of the shops or restaurants.
Click on the map to see where the events are!