No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. Stop by St Katharine Docks to enjoy the Classic Boat Festival: river tours, canoe taster sessions, jazz orchestra, craft workshops…
2. Celebrate Indonesia at Potters Field Park this weekend: white sand beach, music, cooking demonstrations with tastings, costumes, martial arts…
4. No time to stop at Baker Street? This pub, right by Trafalgar Square, has a replica of Sherlock Holmes’ flat.
5. Did you know that London has its very own lighthouse? And yes, you can visit it.
Culture and art in London
1. Don’t miss the London Design Biennale at the Somerset House, to which over 40 countries participated. We particularly loved Australia’s light sculpture, Latvia’s interactive screen and Lebanon’s silent pavilion.
2. Make a detour via Eltham Palace’s Art Fair – always a treat.
3. Join this walking tour in Hyde Park on Saturday to learn how the royals shaped London’s parks.
5. The Halcyon Gallery has a selection of pop art portraits by Russell Young on show: Kate Moss, Marilyn, Kate Moss…
London foodie ideas
2. Love retro atmospheres? This tea room, in North London, is sure to make you smile.
3. Make a detour to try Plaquemine Lock, a creole pub in Islington.
4. Selfridges has a negroni fountain. A dream come true!
London for families
1.Go on an urban safari: sculptures of colourful rhinos, each decorated by a different artist, have been placed in the streets of London. You will find a map on the website.
2. Adventurers will love Dinosaur World Live at Regents Park’s Open Air Theatre: the Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops, Giraffatitan and Segnosaurus are remarkably life-like.
3. Little ones are sure to enjoy “The adventures of Snigel the snail“, a free show at the Southbank Centre this Saturday,
4. Stop by the Science Museum on Saturday to learn how rocket fly and have a go at making your own. Free.
5, Children can learn to dance salsa at the Royal Festival Hall this Sunday – free.
Click on the map to see where the events are!