No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. Don’t miss the amazing installations appearing all over town for the London Design Festival – alphabet chair on Finsbury Square Avenue, a fun pavilion at the V&A, a 3D printed boutique and so much more…
2. Love London’s village atmospheres? Then stop by Bermondsey’s street fair this Saturday: live music, street entertainment, activities for kids, independent designers… The Black Swans Studios will open their doors to the public, offering Afrofusion dance, popping dance and drawing workshops.
3. Has just opened, in Belgravia, a “playground for adults” which offers to “Bathe in a monumental pink mist waterfall, enriched with energising minerals, or meditate in the Haptic dunes, created from vitamin and nutrient-enriched aromatherapy-scented pink pebbles (a colour scientifically proven to relax and reduce anxiety), or head for the perpetual sunset, a large-scale infrared light installation designed to boost endorphins and metabolism, relieve depression and stimulate vitamin D production.”. Genius? Too much? It’s free – worth giving it a try 🙂
4. Wander in this amazing colourful maze this weekend and stumble on music entertainers along the way.
5. Meet the Pearly Kings and Queens at their harvest festival this Sunday: maypole dancing, Morris dancers, procession and amazing opportunities for pictures.
Culture and art in London
2. Enjoy a free “Design” themed guided tour of Paddington this Saturday.
3. Camden is paying a tribute to Amy Winehouse this Saturday: free music performances talks about community projects/charities and even a chance to get your hair done Amy-style in exchange for a donation to her foundation.
4. Find little treasure at the Art Car Boot Sale on Granary Square this Sunday. DJs will add to the vibe.
5. Smoke and Mirrors brings together theatre and orchestral music, Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein and Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony. At the Southbank Centre this Sunday.
London foodie ideas
1. Fancy a bottomless brunch on Saturday? This one is inspired by the West End musicals.
3. Enjoy a bite of summer with Dominique Ansel’s fragrant jasmine mousse, pear and ginger gelée, so cute with its tiny chocolate ladybird…
4. Mr Fogg’s is opening a new bar this Friday with an Orient Express feel. It simply is gorgeous…
London for families
1. Have fun at the dinosaur weekend at Crystal Palace: a tour of the Dinosaur island and its giant sculptures, street theatre performed in a life-sized, moving, travelling Iguanodon, craft and gardening workshops…
2. Join the fun family workshop at Tower Bridge this Saturday – children can create a stop-motion animation of their own story figuring the bridge.
3. There will be free kids creative activities at Paddington Central this weekend.
5. Learn to do shadow puppets at the British Museum this Sunday (free).
Click on the map to see where the events are!