No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. Remember, remember, the 5th of November. The celebrations will start this weekend and the most memorable one is sure to be Alexandra Palace: fun fair, German beer feast, circus acrobatics, ice rink, music, bonfire and fireworks.
2. Love rooftops? Skylight is in full winter mode: ice rink, igloos, hockey, raclette, mulled wine and roasted chestnuts.
3. Coal Drops Yard is open! Celebrations kick-off with four days of free parties, entertainment, tours, music, family fun and creative workshops.
4. Meghan and Harry’s wedding outfits will be on show at Windsor Castle until January 6th, 2019.
5. It’s worth getting up at dawn this Sunday to see the London to Brighton veteran car run leave from Hyde Park – no less than 400 vintage vehicles are participating.
Culture and art in London
1. Canary Wharf commemorates 100 years since the end of World War One with a Remembrance Art Trail: British artist Mark Humphrey created 11 pieces for the occasion, to be found through the gardens and squares.
2. The Royal Academy’s latest exhibition puts in parallel drawings by Gustav Klimt and Egon Schiele, offering intimate insights into their artistic relationship.
3. Marvel at the Japan House’s polyhedra exhibitions, complex but delicate geometrical structures made from paper.
5. The Royal Opera House is launching its Month of Sundays Festival this November, starting this week. Stop by to enjoy La Traviata re-imagined, opera duets, ballet demonstrations, upcycling and dance workshops…
London foodie ideas
1. 26 Grains serves a fantastic Banana Cacao Bircher (with almond milk, date syrup and fennel).
2. Crosstown has added a Spiced Pumpkin Doughnut to its menu.
3. Peggy Porschen’s autumn cakes are irresistible: pretty pumpkin pie, golden and apple chai cupcake, acorn meringues, blackberry marshmallows…
4. We’re also falling for Dominique Ansell’s Honey Guava Plum Tart.
5. Enjoy live opera with your afternoon tea at the Royal Albert Hall this Saturday.
London for families
1. Head to the British Museum this Saturday to play digital games, solve challenges and explore trails that will lead you to unexpected places in the galleries!
2. Enjoy free storytelling sessions at the Polka Theatre on Saturdays.
3.9 family-friendly restaurants that will make your life much easier in London.
4. The Ampersand (South Kensington) serves its science afternoon tea on a rocket…
5. Have fun at the Science Museum’s sun family festival this weekend – lots of creative workshops to try!
Click on the map to see where the events are!