No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below… Taking a Eurostar soon? 23 ideas to have fun around St Pancras this way.
London off the beaten path
1. The alley leading to St Paul’s will be framed by 9 giant magic wands (and yes, they do lit up at night) between October 18th and November 12th, a tribute to the new Fantastic Beasts movie coming up.
2. Stop by the Royal Academy to see Cornelia Parker’s PsychoBarn (free access), her version of Hitchcock’s house in Psycho.
3. At The Four Thieves pub in Battersea, you can play darts, race cars, enjoy an escape game or a VR experience.
4. John Lewis is opening a rooftop ice rink this Saturday.
5. Carnaby Street will be lit by new neons from Sunday on, featuring Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody lyrics. Make sure you stop by the pop-up store too!
Culture and art in London
1. The V&A has opened new galleries dedicated to the 800,000 photographs kept in their archives – a fantastic selection is on show.
2. Did you know Westminster Abbey now has stained windows designed by David Hockney?
3. Don’t miss this stunning waterfall of poppies at the Imperial War Museum (until November 18th).
4. Banksy’s famous shredded artwork will be on show at Sotheby’s this weekend. Girl with Balloon has since been renamed Love is in the bin.
5. See Rob Ryan’s exquisite papercuts at the William Morris Gallery.
London foodie ideas
1. All Star Lanes is now serving a Stranger Things inspired menu.
2. Click here for a list of the best raclettes in London.
3. Here’s a fab selection of London pubs with an open fireplace…
4. Stop by Selfridges to indulge in pumpkin spice gelato, topped with fresh cream, pumpkin seeds, and crumbled gingerbread biscotti.
5. The Borough Market will celebrate its annual harvest celebrations this Sunday: fantastic seasonal food, traditional games, music, Morris Dancers…
London for families
1. Running our of ideas for half term? Try Kidtropolis at Excel (October 20-22): inflatable obstacle courses, live science shows, creative workshops, appearances from iconic children’s characters…
2. The Museum of Childhood’s new exhibition is all about pirates – adventurers to be will love it!
4. Enjoy a free family interactive dance performance at the V&A this Saturday.
5. Join a Beast Quest at Hampton Court – riddles, puzzles, games and lots of fun.
Click on the map to see where the events are!