No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. Love anime, ramen, sake, cosplay, anime, martial arts…? Don’t miss Hyper Japan at Olympia this weekend.
3. Watch Star Wars: A New Hope at the Royal Albert Hall. The London Symphony Orchestra will add to the atmosphere by playing John Williams’s famous score live.
4. Sketch’s new winter look really is worth the detour.
Culture and art in London
1. The Southbank Centre will host once more the much looked forward EFG London Jazz Festival, featuring a fantastic selection of international artists.
3. Don’t miss Subtle at the Japan House: incredibly delicate creations made of paper.
4. See Mondo Scripto at the Halcyon Gallery: Bob Dylan’s most renowned lyrics, each handwritten by him and accompanied by an original pencil drawing.
5. The selection of space photographs at the National Maritime Museum is sure to wow you.
London foodie ideas
1. Andina Bakery’s Peruvian treats in Notting Hill have stolen our heart.
2. Sipsmith Gin has opened its Christmas shop on Piccadilly: stocking fillers, mini-gin bottles as tree decorations, limited editions (Gingerbread Gin, Mince Pie Gin, Chocolate Orange Gin). Bonus: a cocktail bar serving, among other treats, hot G&Ts.
3. Warning. These hot chocolates will make your mouth water. Working will now be impossible.
4. Mary Poppins is back… with supercalifragilisticexpialidocious themed afternoon teas.
5. Gelupo now serves white truffle ice-cream. Need I say more? Make sure to stop by on Saturday before 2 pm.
London for families
1. The House of MinaLima in Soho always has fun Harry Potter exhibitions. The latest is, of course, on The Crimes of Grindelwald. The magic touch: it’s free.
2. The Museum of London is having a fantastic rave for under 5s this Saturday with music, multi-sensory dancefloor delights, DJs, glitter cannons, giant balloons, bubble machines and the famous parachute dance.
3. Take your little ones to a jazz initiation at Discover this Sunday.
4. House of Vans will screen Beetlejuice on Sunday (and yes, it’s free).
5. Discover the Puppet Theatre Barge and its absolutely adorable shows for children.
Click on the map to see where the events are!