No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. Forget ice skating – try bumper cars on ice instead…
2. Discover a whole city made of gingerbread at the V&A: as magical as it is mouthwatering.
3. You will be wowed by the new VR experience at the Saatchi Gallery: breath sensors and heart monitors will help create amazing nature scenes all around you.
4. Santacon will take place this Saturday, with hundreds of participants dressed up to share the festive cheer. You will meet quite a few Fathers Christmas in the Covent Garden and Soho pubs after that… It’s brilliant!
5. Look up! In December, the top of the Shard will change colours regularly. What a show!
Culture and art in London
1. Let Chiharu Shiota’s latest piece at the Blain Southern Gallery hypnotise you: this vast net of blood red yarn, suspended from the gallery ceiling and connected to the floor, really looks organic.
2. Matthew Bourne’s adaptation of Swan Lake at Sadler’s Wells will leave stars in your eyes.
3. Le Fashion and Textile museum presents the 1930s fashion in photographs.
4. Join a pressed flower card workshop this Saturday at Battersea Power Station.
5. Enjoy classic movies from the 90s at House of Vans this weekend – free.
London foodie ideas
1. Byron’s Christmas burger, The Holly Cheesemas, includes Beef patty, American cheese, smoked cheese, cheese crisp, pickled red onions, lettuce, spicy garlic mayonnaise, onion ring and… a scoop of bacon macaroni cheese. Plus cheese sauce.
2. You simply have to try Chin Chin Labs’Beetroot & Rose Coconut Latte ice cream.
4. The famous Saint Germain elderflower liqueur has open a pop up in Covent Garden, an oh-so-pretty place to enjoy floral workshops and cocktails along the month. No need to book.
5. Click here for the best chocolate desserts in London.
London for families
1. Click here for a selection of the best pantomimes in London.
2. Kids can enjoy a treasure trail in Canary Wharf’s shopping mall.
3. The London Transport Museum has thought of children too – storytelling and singalong sessions, bunting workshops, Santa visits…
4. Big Fish Little Fish will organise a super cool rave for kids in Camden this Sunday afternoon: music, DJ, glitter cannons, craft tables, soft play ball pool, cake stall, snow machine and face painting.
5. Kids can make their own Christmas decorations at Broadgate this Sunday – free.