No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. Did you know you can climb to the top of the O2? It’s even better this weekend: a choir and mulled wine await up there!
2. Walk through a (neon) Light Maze in Wembley Park.
3. Loved War Horse? Don’t miss Circus 1903 at the Southbank Centre: the show includes sensational life-sized elephants created by the same puppeteers.
4. The Royal Albert Hall will be screening Home Alone this Saturday, with music and choirs performed live.
5. Book your ticket with the London Transport Museum to see London’s Christmas lights in a vintage vehicle this Friday and Saturday.
Culture and art in London
1. The Last Supper presents a series of skateboards decorated by famous illustrator Jean Jullien.
2. Listen to winter choirs at the Southbank Centre.
3. Enjoy a Stevie Wonder/Marvin Gaye evening at the Blues Kitchen Shoreditch this Saturday.
4. Did you know Renzo Piano designed both The Shard and the Centre Pompidou? See which other incredible architectures he came up with at the Royal Academy of Arts.
5. Discovered at the V&A how theatre, films and society were censored through time.
London foodie ideas
1. Wow: there is a The Muppet Christmas Carol brunch complete with a singalong this weekend.
2. Stop by the Long Arm pub to try their mince pie and gingerbread infused beer…
4. Psst: 8 fondues to die for in London.
5. How cute is Dominique Ansel’s bear-shaped religieuse?
London for families
1. The Southbank Centre invites children to join their Snow Ball this Saturday – fancy dress welcome! Free.
2. Let Picassos to be learn about Cubism at Paint Jam’s workshop this Saturday.
3. Discover which animals hibernate at the London Wetland Centre, build bird feeders and listen to stories around a campfire.
4. Join Covent Garden’s (free) Treasure Hunt this Saturday. Bonus: the first 100 families to join will get a Godiva gift.
5. Kew Gardens turns even more magical this Christmas with Tales and Trails, storytelling and outdoor theatre in the park’s woodlands.
Click on the map to see where the events are!