No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. It’s already been three years since David bowie left us. Zabou painted a fantastic mural on Broadway Market as a tribute to the artist.
2. The Prince Charles Cinema is also paying homage to Bowie by screening Labyrinth – Masquerade Ball.
3. Try the Tate Modern’s hip-hop karaoke this Saturday evening.
4. Join a little known London tradition this Sunday: the blessing of the Thames.
5. No Trousers Tube Ride celebrates its 10th edition this Sunday. Yes, you guessed: it’s a silly but fun tradition of… jumping on a tube in your underwear. Nothing offensive, just a good laugh, followed by an after-party at The Chandos pub on St Martin’s Lane.
Culture and art in London
1. The Mime Festival is back in London. Grandiose, fun, touching shows – there is much to choose from.
2. Hooray: Le Cirque du Soleil is at the Royal Abert Hall until the end of February.
3. Rhum and Clay premieres their adaptation of HG Wells’ The War of the Worlds at New Diorama Theatre.
4. Make the most of the London Short Film Festival to find inspiration.
5. Stop by the Halcyon Gallery to see their selection of Andy Warhol’s work.
London foodie ideas
1. The Avobar in Covent Garden is entirely dedicated to… avocado dishes.
2. Stop by Dark Sugars on Brick Lane for a decadent hot chocolate.
5. Psst – click here for a free pint!
London for families
1. Enjoy a free, fun, family musical session at the V&A this Saturday.
2. Did you know the Houses of Parliament do a family tour on Saturdays?
3. The Museum of Childhood organises play sessions for under 5s on Saturdays.
4. The kids will love seeing The Wind in the Willows on stage at the Polka Theatre.
5. 9 child-friendly restaurants to make your life easier.