No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. Spring’s there already – how about a snowdrop walk in the Chelsea Physics Garden?
3. Enjoy a fab DJ time at the Tate Modern fab DJ time at the Tate Modern this Saturday.
4. The musical seesaws are back, in Coal Drops Yard this time.
Culture and art in London
1. Not to be missed: the Christian Dior exhibition at the V&A, featuring exquisite drawings and amazing outfits.
3. See 60 polaroid portraits and self-portraits taken by Andy Warhol at the Bastian gallery.
4. The Household Cavalry invites the public to stop by this Saturday: demonstration on how the horses (known as ‘Cavalry Blacks’, who have been guarding the Royal Family since 1660) are cared for, band, family-friendly workshop… (all free)
5. Every year, the first Sunday of February, the All Saints church holds a very special service in tribute to Grimaldi. Expect a number of clowns in costume,
London foodie ideas
1. The Cheese Bar in Camden serves smoked cheese fondues. Yum!
2. Famous Taiwanese chain Monga has just opened its first London branch in Chinatown. Their secret? Marinating chicken fillets in honey, before dipping them in batter instead of dry flour before frying…
3. The Fabrique Bakery does the best cardamon buns in London.
5. Fancy a change of scenery? These are the best floating bars in London.
London for families
1. Celebrate the Chinese New Year at the Museum of London: martial arts and Chinese dance demonstrations, percussion workshops, calligraphy, craft workshop to make lanterns and kits, storytelling, face painting..
2. Make the most of the Tate Modern’s special visit for under 5 y.o. this Saturday.
3. Enjoy a Chinese shadow show at the Puppet Theatre Barge.
4. The Golden Hind celebrates National Storytelling Week with tales of fun and adventure on board this weekend.
5. Join the British Museum’s Explore China kids workshop this Sunday.
Click on the map to see where the events are!