No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. Add a tropical touch to your weekend: Kew Gardens’ Orchids Festival offers real fireworks of colours, inspired by Colombia’s biodiversity.
2. Celebrate the Chinese New Year this Sunday: the festivities start with a parade (Charing Cross Road, 10 am) then continue on Trafalgar Square with music, dances, traditional costumes and a spectacular pyrotechnic display.
3. See When Harry met Sally at the Camden Rooftop Cinema this Sunday. Best enjoyed a winter cocktail in hand.
4. This guided tour Sunday will reveal the legends of Covent Garden.
5. The Brompton Cemetery will have an interesting Valentine’s Day event this Sunday – you will even learn which residents helped ensure your cards arrive on February 14th.
Culture and art in London
1. Don’t miss the Don McCullin retrospective at the Tate Britain, featuring 250 pictures taken by this legendary war photographer.
2. Forget pub crawls this weekend and try the London Bookshops Crawl instead.
3. Stop by Lazinc to see street artist El Seed’s Arabic calligraphy.
5. An exhibition on Nelson Mandela has opened on Leake Street.
London foodie ideas
1. Try this Spanish brunch with bottomless sangria in Soho.
2. These piggy shaped buns from Bun House are perfect to celebrate the Chinese New Year.
3. Get a free Negroni this weekend.
London for families
1. Celebrate the Chinese New Year at the Museum of Childhood this Saturday: Lion Dance, tai chi, calligraphy, craft…
2. The National Maritime Museum will also have festivities for the Year of the Pig this Saturday – songs, dances, artistic workshops, storytelling…
3. Swap books at the Unicorn Theatre this Saturday.
4. Enjoy the Puppet theatre barges’ adorable new show, The town mouse and the country mouse.
5. Kids will love the show presenting Greek myths at Watermans this Sunday.