No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. Looking forward to seeing Kew Garden’s fantastic Orchids festival? Make it even more fun and join it after hours this Friday. Includes: live Latin big band and tropical fusion music, authentic Colombian coffee, making your own floral headdress or mask, amazing Colombian dancers in dazzling costumes performing and learning a few steps too.
2. Watch the Greenwich Pancake Race this Saturday.
3. There’s a new rooftop garden in town – and it’s free.
4. Join a flash mob at King’s Cross this Saturday and turn the tube into a Silent Disco.
5. Feeling adventurous? How about climbing an ice wall in Covent Garden?
Culture and art in London
2. Get on a vintage Routemaster bus this Saturday to learn all about the suffragette movement.
4. The Postal Museum revels in its exhibition the behind the scenes process to make the Wallace and Gromit Christmas stampsWallace and Gromit Christmas stamps.
5. See a retrospective of Corita Kent’s (nun, activist and pop artist) work at the House of Illustration.
London foodie ideas
1. The Borough Market will celebrate St David’s Day this Friday and Saturday with cooking demonstrations (and tasters), daffodil decorations and Welsh choirs.
2. How about a bottomless tacos and margaritas brunch this Sunday?
3. Indulge in a Dior-inspired afternoon tea at the Berkeley.
4. Chin Chin Labs serves a delightful Lychee & Geranium Rose ice-cream this week.
London for families
1. Have fun at the Southbank Centre’s Soundpit: a giant sandpit illuminated by beautiful graphics, where children can make music.
2. The Royal Albert Hall presents Disney’s best Broadway hits this Saturday: Beauty and the Beast, Aida, The Lion King, Aladdin, Mary Poppins, Tarzan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and more!
3. The Discover Children’s Story Centre presents an immersive exhibition of the world of Judith Kerr’s creatures (The Tiger who came to tea, Mog the forgetful cat…)
4. The Unicorn Theatre revisits the myth of Icarus on stage.
5. Join the Science Museum’s storytelling session this Saturday to learn chemistry mistakes brought us some amazing inventions.
Click on the map to see where the events are!