No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
London off the beaten path
2. Have fun at the Peckham Festival: visits artist studios, discover the UK’s first sake brewery, try the local mead, enjoy a few concerts…
3. Get your camera out! The Great River Race this Saturday will gather 2,500 boats on the Thames: gigs, skiffs, cutters, naval whalers, Chinese dragon boats, Hawaiian war canoes, shallops, skerries, wherries and more.
4. Stop by the Berdmonsey Street Festival this Saturday: contemporary art, street theatre, music, food stalls…
5. Regent Street is 200
Culture and art in London
1. Don’t miss the William Blake exhibition at the Tate Britain – the biggest in 20 years!
2. Make the most of the Soho Jazz week: some of the concerts this weekend are free.
3. Wander trough a giant rainbow maze in Clapham and enjoye some of the experimental musical workshops there…
4. This guided walk through Kensingto Gardens and Hyde Park will reveal how kings and queen have shaped London’s royal parks.
5. Head for the Charles Dickens Museum on Sunday and follow Dickens family’s housemaid, who invites you inside while her employers are away and spills some of their secrets.
London foodie ideas
1. The Tower of London will have a food festival in its moats this weekend: demos by famous chefs, street food stalls, family fun and music.
2. Try Nutshell, Covent Garden’s new star restaurant and indulge in modern Iranian cuisine.
3. Turkey Gravy Caramel Ice-Cream. Yes, you read that right. And you can try it at the Chin Chin ice-cream parlour in Soho!
4 This former Pie and Mash
5. …while the Bloomsbury Club Bar will use a deck of tarot cards to decide which cocktail goes best with your mood.
London for families
1. Join the Hidden River Festiva
3. The British Museum makes history fun – add a little augmented reality and the statues of the Parthenon will be coming to life…
4. The Friends of Crystal Palace Dinosaurs are hosting vibrant tours of Dinosaur Islands this Sunday, with Palaeo planting and gardening sessions to bring ancient landscapes back to life around the sculptures, children’s storytime and craft workshops.
5. Wright Brothers at Battersea will have an exciting pop-up children’s corner this Sunday – family brunch, anyone?