No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. See mini theatre shows in a vintage caravan on Portobello Road this weekend.
2. Giant interactive sculptures have appeared in Kings Cross.
3. Loved The Wolves of Wall Street movie? Upgrade to the immersive theatre play treatment…
4. London will be
5. See the famous Friends sofa this Sunday…
Culture and art in London
1. Not to be missed: Antony Gormley’s retrospective at the Royal Academy of Arts. His industrial-inspired sculptures use iron, steel, hand-beaten lead, seawater and clay simply are… mind
2. The Open House weekend is the perfect opportunity to step backstage and discover amazing buildings. How about seeing the furture Museum of London? Or climbing little known towers in London?
3. Explore Buckingham Palace and learn how Queen Victoria turned this private house into a working royal residence.
5. The Self exhibition at the Halcyon Gallery features amazing portraits by Picasso and Warhol.
London foodie ideas
1. Eccleston Yards has designed 5 fantastic sheds for the London Design Festival. They become a safari supper venue by night with pre-dinner drinks, starters, mains, desserts and post-dinner drinks being enjoyed in a different location.
2. The Five Points Brewing Co. is celebrating the end of summer this Saturday: DJ, street food stall and free beer (just booked a space on their website)!
3. The best show + dinner award goes to… Mamma Mia, the party which makes you feel you are at the heart of the musical…
4. Mermaid or unicorn? Not kidding – Taiyakiya serves the cutest ice-cream in London.
5. Try the Black Food Festival this Sunday. Sesame, black garlic, coffee have inspire lip-licking dishes…
London for families
1. Kids will love the Museum of London’s Roman family walk this Saturday.
2. Join a free craft workshop at the Unicorn theatre this Saturday.
3. Play mini golf for free at Canary Wharf.
4. Exlore the enchanted forest of the Lovely Bug Ball on Southbank to meet caterpillars, butterflies, beetles, fireflies puppets and more…
5. Children can earn how to create a Roman empire on Minecraft at the British Museum this Saturday.