No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. The Emerge Festival
2. Don’t miss the Royal Docks Festival finale this Saturday: illuminated mechanical garden, giant swan shrines floating on the river and fireworks…
3. Love the Tweed Run? Don’t miss the Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride in Canary Wharf this Sunday: over 125,000 of Britain’s most distinguished motorcyclists, in their best outfit, will take to the streets, riding classic and vintage motorcycles in aid of the Movember Foundation.
5. Trafalgar Square will celebrate Japanese culture this Sunday: traditional dances and music, karaoke, origami/manga/ calligraphy workshop, street food stal
Culture and art in London
1. The Fashion and Textile Museum revisits Zandra Rhodes’ carreer through 50 amazing outfits.
2. Quick! Only a week left to admire the Serpentine Gallery’s summer pavilion. Its elegant curves, topped with slates, were designed by Japanese architect Ishigami.
3. See Balance of Power at the Tate Modern: performers dressed in military uniform carry out yoga ‘warrior’ poses.
4. See Damien Hirst’s famous butterflies at the White Cube gallery – as mandalas.
5. Grayson Perry has launched his frst solo exhibition at the Victoria Miro gallery.
London foodie ideas
1. Hoorray! A cider festival is setting up in Kings Cross this weekend.
2. How about a cheese crawl this Saturday?
3. Moussaka burgers, Aubergine fries, Aubergine melts… This purple veg is a star at Camden Market at the moment!
4. Loved the Antony Gormley’s exhibition at the
5. London wine week, cocktail week… How about a dessert week, thought Baileys? Some fantastic locations (Sketch, Duck and Waffle, Lily Vanilli, Paul A Young…) joined in. Go and check out the puddings this coffee liqueur inspired them: the descriptions are here and they will make your mouth water.
London for families
1. The Showstoppers at Underbelly is fantastic: kids can come with the craziest idea and the team will bring the story to life…
2. The London Transport Museum will open its Acton depot to the public this weekend. Wander a
3. Last chance to enjoy the Dulwich Picture Gallery’s colourful pavillion!
4. The Puppet Barge Theatre has a fascinating show on insects.
5. Enjoy FAM EAST at the Old Spitalfields Market this Sunday. There will be lots of kids workshops: facepainting, Bowie Tote printing, upcycling, Klimt, digital art, collage…