No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. There’a new Banksy in town! Not just a stencil: a full pop-up. Go and see it on Surrey Street in Croydon,
2. Have fun at the Tate Modern’s Hip Hop Karaoke night this Saturday.
3. Great news: entry to the Chelsea Physic Garden is free this Saturday.
4. This twisted mailbox will make a real cool shot!
5. Join Premier Inn’s fab pillow fight this Sunday.
Culture and Art in London
1. Every year, an artist gets the chance to take over Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall. Kara Walker’s fountain may, at first glance, look like the Victoria Memorial in front of Buckingham Palace… but step closer. The details, which explore the connected histories of Africa, America and Europe, are quite subversive…
2. Make the most of this 4 free London guided walks this Saturday.
3. The Bloomsbury Festival, which celebrates art, sciences, literature and discussion, found inspiration in the 50th anniversary of Neil Armstrong’s lunar landing. Admire a giant moon in a church (even draw under it), see a new mural, join a creative family street party, take a walk of the neighbourhood under the moonlight…
4. The National Gallery presents the first-ever exhibition devoted to the portraits of Paul Gauguin.
5. Discover Rembrandt’s light at the Dulwich Picture Gallery.
London foodie ideas
2. Finding the switch to autumn hard? Indulge in a fondue, raclette,
3. Too many unused cans on your shelves…? Choose one and swap it for a glass of wine at Vagabond Battersea. They will bring the donations to local food banks.
4. Not only is sons + Daughter said to do the best prawn sandwich in town….. They do an incredible dulce de leche soft serve and Brazilian toast ice cream sandwich.
5. To celebrate its 150th anniversary, Heinz has teamed up with the Hummingbird bakery. On the menu? Ketchup, baked beans, mayo, salad cream and tomato soup cupcakes. Will you dare to try them?
London for families
1. It’s Nice That has set up 5 colourful installations in Coal Drops Yard, using the contours of the buildings to create the optical illusion of faces…
2. Have a look at Covent Garden’s Halloween decor: the giant pumpkin is quite impressive.
3. The Rosewood Hotel definitely has one of the best Kids Afternoon tea in London! Equipped with a painter’s palette, paint tubes filled with jam and lemon curd and palette knives to spread the sweet toppings, children reaaly can enjoy an immersive experience…
4. Join a children’s storytelling session at Kensington Palace this Sunday: Samantha Berger will tell of Queen Victoria’s childhood there…
5. The kids get to create funky inventions at the Tate Modern’s upcycling workshop this Sunday: a mouse trampoline, a kite for a guinea pig…