No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. Each October, the Dalston Eastern Curve Garden hosts a breathtaking Halloween Festival, with over 1000 hand-carved pumpkins being lit up every evening. Free and rather magical.
2. The force is with us! A Stormtrooper pop-up shop has opened in Shoreditch.
3. Join an autumn shindig a the Geffrye Museum this Saturday: ceilidh, craft market, food, and seasonal workshops.
4. Try your hand at street art on a digital wall at the Royal Academy of Sculptors this Saturday and experiment with stencils, paint effects… Free.
5. Meet your favourte heroes at Comic Con this weekend.
Culture and Art in London
1. Stunning projections will transform the façades of St Paul’s to tell the story of those who risked their lives during the WW2… Each show lasts 20mn.
2. Shot in Soho, at the Photographers’ Gallery, presents the incredible diversity of that iconic neighbourhood.
3. The Manolo Blahnik exhibition at the Wallace Collection has been extended to Sunday.
4. BAPSShri Swaminarayan Mandir, London’s gloriously ornate Hindu temple, will have row upon row of flickering oil lamps for Diwali this Sunday. Quite a sight!
5. Impressed by Anthony Gormley’s exhibition at the Royal Academy? Have a look at his sculptures all around London.
London foodie ideas
1. Love scones? Try Frenchie’s smoked bacon and maple syrup ones…
2. Try Where the pancakes are’s Dutch pancakes. The goat’s cheese, cheddar, parmesan, thyme ones are soooo good.
3. A stunning bar has opened on Leicester Square – The Lost Alhambra. Sign up to their newsletter for a free cocktail!
4. Indulge in Halloween treats at Wa Café: sweet potato chiffon cake and pumpkin cheesecake!
5. The Blues Kitchen Shoreditch
London for families
1. Wally is visiting (and hiding in) British museums this half term! London-wise, try the V&A, London Transport Museum, Cutty Sark and the National Maritime Museum:
2. The Meccano show on Saturday is sure to inspire your little ones.
3. The National Maritime Museum will celebrate Diwali this Saturday: lantern making rangoli art, drumming workshop, Bollywood show and parade.
4. How about sleeping at the British Museum this Saturday? A fantastic opportunity to follow in Marco Polo’s footsteps and travel along the Silk Road…
5. The Royal Opera House organises Family Sundays with interactive singing or dancing, performances, live make-up or stage combat demonstrations, costume dressing up…