No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. How about a ‘Moonlight Dip’ at the Hampton Lido this Friday (10 pm-midnight)? After all, the water is at a cosy 28 deg. C…
2. Regent Street will be traffic-free this Saturday for its traditional Motor Show, showcasing vehicles from the last 125 years, including veteran and sports cars. If you’re a fan, get up early Sunday morning to see the London to Brighton Veteran Car Run setting off.
4. Theatre of Light returns to East Village this Saturday: the streets and parks will be transformed into an enchanted village, with magical illuminations and LED performers creating an immersive experience of light, movement and sound.
5. Trafalgar Square will be celebrating Diwali this Sunday: music, Bollywood dancing, turban/meditation/puppet workshops…
Culture and Art in London
1. Discover Tutankhamun’s secrets at the Saatchi: with 150 objects, it is the largest exhibition on this iconic pharaon.
2. The Royal Academy has united Lucian Freud’s self-portraits in one extraordinary exhibition.
3. The Somerset House new exhibition, 24/7, looks at the non-stop nature of modern lives, and how we can protect ourselves from it, through over 50 artworks. One of them is an isolation chamber filled with blue LED lights and yes, you can ty it!
4. You can also relax at the Tate Modern. Pip’s Plant Parlour there is a multi-sensory cocoon filled with delicate flowers and lush plants.