No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. The amazing Biscuiteers have recreated Covent Garden in gingerbread, in incredible detail. It’s on show there, in the Central Alley, until December 24th.
3. The Guinea Pig cafe from Fleabag just opened in Waterstones Piccadilly.
4. Make a detour to see King’s Cross LED Christmas tree.
5. Iceland has a penis museum, Camden a vagina one.
Culture and Art in London
1. The National Gallery’s new exhibition displays just one work – Leonardo da Vinci’s Virgin of the Rocks. One single masterpiece. Because we only spend a few seconds on each artwork in an exhibition… A way to refocus us and help us appreciate beauty and skills to their fullest.
2. The Museum of London has opened a display celebrating The Clash’s groundbreaking London Calling album in its galleries.
3. Passing through Westminster station? Have a look at the new roundels, reimagined in the pan-African colours, by British Ghanaian artist Larry Achiampong.
4. Loved Anthony Gormly’s exhibition at the White Cube Gallery? Have a look at his new work at the White Cube Gallery.
5. The Royal Opera House stays open late for an evening of music, dance and crafting this Sunday. Join in!
London foodie ideas
1. This Italian Food Hall is housed in the stunning Grade-I listed St Mark’s Church in Mayfair. Make a detour!
2. Beara Beara serves incredible Macaroni Cheese Scotch Eggs.
3. A chic cocktail bar has just opened in a basement near Waterloo.
4. It’s all about dessert bars in London these days – here is the latest sugar sprinkle heaven in town, inspired by fairy tales.
5. Crosstown Doughnuts have a new flavour: strawberry and smoked coconut.
London for families
1. Make the most of the Southbank Centre’s (free) winter pop-up cinema: Monsters Inc. and Charlie & the chocolate factory.
2. Fenwick’s Christmas windows pay tribute to Roald Dahl’s Charlie and the chocolate factory. Perfect follow up to the cinema session…
3. Join the Pom Pom Christmas wreath workshop at Old Spitalfields Market this Saturday.
4. The Unicorn Theatre presents for children.
5. See a stunning Chinese shadow show at the Puppet Barge.
Click on the map to see where the events are!