No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. Don’t miss IBike London on Saturday: over a 1,000 Santas on a fun and leisurely ride around London with a fleet of disco bikes too!
3. Tunnels of lights, garlands, projections… Eltham Palace is quite magical at this time of the year!
4. Catch up with friends at Eastcheap Records: a fantastic bar with 5,000 vinyls on their shelves, a rock’n’roll decor and music on stage every night. Donate a record and you will get a free cocktail!
5. Porsche launches the Taycan (an all-electric sports car) with an immersive sound and light show – Friday and Saturday.
Culture and Art in London
1. This guided tour in Kensington Gardens will tell you how Queen Victoria and her consort Prince Albert introduced many of the traditions we recognise today…
2. A green polar bear has appeared in Mount Street Gardens. Created using over 3,000 reused plastic milk bottles, it serves as a reminder of climate change and ights up at night. There is a donation point on site to give to the Hidden Network – a group of charities who work to end rough sleeping in London.
3. Artist Edward Crooke turned the Rosebank Arcade into a technicolour dream.
4. Join Westminster Chapel’s Carols by Candlelight service this Sunday.
London foodie ideas
1. Monsieur le Duck has invented a fantastic recipe: Duck Wellington.
2. We absolutely adore Liberté Chérie, a Zero Waste store in Notting Hill specialising in amazing spices, peppers, salts and vinegar.
3. Hotel Chocolat sells an absolutely incredible Mint Chocolate Cream Liqueur. Try it on ice-cream.
5. The Gingerbread Pinecone (ginger mousse, speculoos ganache, spiced cake and dark chocolate petals) is back at Dominique Ansel’s bakery!
London for families
1. Alexandra Palace presents a magical retelling of the Pinocchio fairy tale… on ice.
2. Join a (free) Carribean Christmas Party meant for families this Saturday: traditional music, stories, performances and DJs.
3. The Southbank Centre has adapted Black Beauty on stage, blending storytelling, music and puppetry.
4. The London Pantomime Horse Race in Greenwich this Sunday is sure to entertain your little ones…
5. Inspired by their Rembrandt’s Light exhibition, the Dulwich Picture Gallery will have a SparkleFest this Sunday: light drawing workshops, candlelit storytelling, festive decoration making…