No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. Bloomberg Arcade often becomes an ephemeral gallery for fascinating art installations. The latest is a 50-metre long projection picturing a carpet of flora, fauna, natural scenes and threats to global ecosystems. Free.
2. The Wonder Factory, opening this Saturday, is an Instagram paradise. With 15 different decorated rooms with amazing backdrops, it is fully designed for selfies. Think marshmallow swimming pool, indoor beach with pink sand, a confetti cyclone room, an infinite star field mirror one…
4. Join a Christmas Carol Sing-Along at the Royal Albert Hall.
5. Stop by Lower Marsh: there is a classic car meet there every third Saturday of the month and lots of independent shops and cafés around.
Culture and Art in London
1. Artist Pippa Taylor projects enchanting illustrations of trees onto buildings in Nine Elms. There are 9 locations to check out. Free, until Saturday,
2. Anselm Kiefer’s latest exhibition at the White Cube Gallery features a large-scale installation and paintings that draw on the scientific concept known as string theory.
3. The Skate Room, in Coal Drops Yard, features Keith Harring, JR, Warhol’s work on skateboards.
4. A new display at The National Portrait Gallery celebrates the life of Florence Nightingale watercolours, photographs and a commemorative medal. Free.
5. Love surrealism? Don’t miss the Dora Maar retrospective at the Tate Modern.
London foodie ideas
1. Bottomless tacos brunch, anyone?
2. Oslo Fish X Bun offers a Scandinavian twist on our Fish & Chips: grilled mackerel in a (sourdough, seeded, Japanese milk loaf) bun to which you can add fennel and cucumber pickle, celeriac remoulade, beetroot horseradish or wasabi. Wow.
3. We’re fully in love with Chai Guys. Choose from spicy, sweet, creamy, pink…
4. Fantastic places to drink vermouth in London this way. My favourite is Vermuteria in Kings Cross 🙂
5. Cinnamon buns, Lussebular, pistachio mazarins… It’s fika time at Söderberg, Soho’s Swedish bakery.
London for families
1. The Museum of London recreates the magic of Frost Fairs this weekend with storytelling, fun workshops and interactive games.
2. Kids can enjoy a free Christmas workshop at Peckham Levels this Saturday.
3. The V&A is throwing a Victorian Christmas party this party on Saturday, exploring all things festive, from cards to trees. Free.
4. Children can handle real and replica pieces of armour at the Wallace Collection this Saturday. Free.
5. Marvellous and Mischievous: this free, family-friendly exhibition at the British Library brings together young rebels from children’s literature.