No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. Kew Gardens’ orchids festival is back and oh, the Princess of Wales conservatory, decorated with amazing vegetal sculptures, looks like a real paradise…
2. This jukebox, located on the ground floor of the Mithraeum (an ancient Roman temple), is programmed with 70 songs dedicated to London.
3. Discover amazing Art Deco architecture in Bloomsbury this Saturday.
5. How about learning Brazilian dances this Sunday at Old Spitalfields Market? It’s free!
Culture and Art in London
1. Inspired by stained windows and shells, this strange cathedral in King’s Cross rings its bell 150-200 times a day. A number reflecting the number of natural species the world loses every 24 hours.
2. Another good reason to visit Richmond: Turner’s former home now is open to the public.
3. Remember the adorable sphere Tudor house in Regent’s Park, last summer? Stop by the Malborough Gallery to see more of the artist’s spherical creations (narrowboat, car…)
4. You can now wander through an incredible maze in Greenwich. The walls are made of numbers, delicately cut of paper… A hundred shades in total – quite surreal!
5. Meet Vincent Van Gogh offers a full digital immersion in this genius’ universe…
London foodie ideas
1. Wow. Polo Bar serves brunch 24 hours a day. Every day. Perfect after a night clubbing!
3.. Looking for a romantic terrace? Try the South Place Hotel’s, draped with elegant wisteria. Its retractable roof means you enjoy it this winter without piling layers of clothes on. Elderflower spritz, anyone?
4. Yes, afternoon teas can be incredibly romantic. Here are the sweetest around this February.
5. Indulge at the Chocolate Cocktail Club.
London for families
1. Kids will love opera with Alice’s Adventures Under Ground, 55 mn of pure magic.
2. Join the Chinese New Year Celebrations at the Museum of London Docklands this weekend: traditional dances, martial art demonstrations, storytelling, creative workshops…
3. Explore the archives of the Natural History Museum – fascinating.
4. Step into stories at Herne Hill’s Kids Lit festivalHerne Hill’s Kids Lit festival.
5. The Phoenix Cinema will be playing The Sword in the stone this Sunday,
Click on the map to see where the events are!