No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. Worth a detour: Lightopia at Chiswick House and Gardens. 2,000 lanterns and a million bulbs creating magical scenes all around.
2. Car lovers won’t resist a stroll at the London Classic Car Show.
3. There is a cool Crazy Golf at Coal Drops Yard.
4. London is turning more and more towards swapping – a fab way to bag a bargain and be sustainable. Try Fashion Circle this Saturday. There even is a brunch option.
5. Learn a few Brazilian dances at Old Spitalfields Market this Sunday – it’s free!
Culture and Art in London
1. The West London Galleries Bus Tour, this Saturday, will take you from an art gallery to another. The tour finished with a party at The Tabernacle.
2. Did you know Camden Market has a Vagina Museum? Stop by this Saturday to learn femigami, a feminist version of origami.
3. Join one of Kew Garden’s spring tours…
4. Learn more about Buddhism at the British Library exhibition, complete with beautiful manuscripts and artwork.
5. The clock workers’ gallery in the Science Museum is a thing of beauty.
London foodie ideas
1. Full view on Regent’s Canal from this café…
2. This Mayfair restaurant offers a real sensory journey through the Amazon.
3. Sushisamba Covent Garden celebrates Bazil’s carnivals: batucada drummers, samba dancers, DJs, Caipirinhas et a festive menu.
4. The Beaufort Bar is the most enchanting place to enjoy a drink at the moment, with its sexy black walls, beautiful gold lining, velvet curtains and AMAZING cocktails.
5. Indulge in an Alpine brunch at Heritage this Sunday: fondue, raclette, charbonnade and chocolate fountain…
London for families
1. Don’t miss the Imagine Children Festival at the Southbank Centre: concerts, scientific experiments, shows…
2. Union Chapel will recreate the magic of Hans Christian Anderson’s The Snow Queen this Saturday: enchanted landscapes, storytelling, psych-folk, and vintage songs, amazing storytelling. Bonus: the café will serve cake and drinks throughout the show.
3. BearFest this Saturday is a special event for teddy bear collectors and fans: there will be over 10,000 on show!
5. Have fun at Battersea Power Station’s pop-up soft play, complete with giant games.
Click on the map to see where the events are!