No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. The V&A Friday late will consider the effects of seeing and being seen, of watching and being watched. Think optical illusions, miniature paintings, CCTVs and games to question the digital gaze. Bonus: it’s free!
2. Pop Brixton celebrates Mardi Gras this Saturday with a full-on immersive New Orleans experience, fids activities in the afternoon, Louisianna inspired street food and DJs in the evening (boogie-woogie, rumba, djembe, swamp soul and more!)
3. Stop by Chiswick House, to see its collection of 33 different varieties of camellias in bloom. Gorgeous.
4. Make the most of DIY Space’s open-door event this Saturday: risograph and screen printing workshop, screenings, vegan brunch…
Culture and Art in London
1. The Cinema Museum is hosting the Exploding Cinema this Saturday: a night of independent, international and underground short films, accompanied by their trademark psychedelic light show, and live music.
2. The Dulwich Picture Gallery’s latest exhibition marks 100 years since the birth of surrealism. There are over 70 eclectic works on show, from 42 artists including Francis Bacon, Henry Moore and Paul Nash.
4. Don’t miss the National Archives’ exhibition With Love, opening Sunday: passionate and heartbreaking love letters spanning 500 years.
5. Fashionistas will love the Kimono: Kyoto to Catwalk exhibition at the V&A. The patterns and embroideries simply are exquisite.
London foodie ideas
1. Hendricks is launching its new creation, Lunar Gin (floral with a spicy finish), at Harvey Nichols. Get yourself a ticket for their Once in a blue moon experience: guests will be transported to a twilight garden tucked up on the Fifth Floor and enjoy special cocktails infused with botanicals.
2. A Nigerian tapas restaurant has just opened in Tottenham.
4. London loves funny afternoon teas. This one is chicken wing themed!
5. Here are some of London’s best desserts.
London for families
1. Take a stroll through the lands of fairy tales at the Discover Children’s Story Centre.
2. Enjoy family music workshops at Tower Bridge this Saturday.
3. Or join a family guided tour of the Parliament.
4. Join the Hellenic Centre for a mini Greek carnival Saturday afternoon (music, fun activities, balloons, serpentines).
5. Make the most of the House of Vans’ weekend family screenings – they are free!
Click on the map to see where the events are!