No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below…
London off the beaten path
1. Enjoy a pop-art themed late evening at Sotheby’s on Friday: printmaking workshop, champagne tasting, exhibitions…
2. Take a selfie in Leicester, thanks to its new statue trail: Mr Bean, Bugs Bunny, Mary Poppins, Paddington…
3. Make the most of the Little Creatures (microbrewery) Saturday DJ sessions to party.
4. Camden Market celebrates St Patrick’s day this Sunday with a free music trail, live music and Irish street food.
5. Indulge in a yoga session at the Dulwich Picture Gallery, amongst beautiful Old Master paintings
Culture and Art in London
1. Rediscover Andy Warhol at the Tate Modern.
2. Explore the glamour and extravagance of the 1920s through Cecile Beaton’s photographs at the National Portrait Gallery.
3. The Hayward Gallery will take you on a stroll through a reinvented forest – art installations, paintings, screenings…
4. The Halcyon Gallery has a fantastic selection of Picasso’s original graphics.
5. The V&A has a free display presenting the history of lidos in England.
London foodie ideas
1. In this café, near Old Street, you pay… per minute (0.08 GBP/min, 4.8 GBP for the first hour). Bonus: they serve unlimited tea, coffee, sweets and snacks.
2. Indulge in lip-licking Iranian dishes near Trafalgar Square (smoky aubergine, saffron negronis, cherry-filled pasta…)
3. This pub near Waterloo has the craziest, most fascinating decor...
4. Get your coffee from Change Please, who trains homeless people to be baristas.
5. Chin Chin Labs serves a Tahini Crême Brûlée ice cream this week.
London for families
1. Enjoy the National Army Museum’s family day this Saturday.
The soldiers of the Corps of Royal Engineers will demonstrate their important roles in bomb search and disposal, show off their football skills, teach you how to wire a plug and lay a brick…
2. Screen 25’s Family Film Club is screening Toy Story 4 at a budget-friendly price this Saturday.
3. Introduce your little ones to opera at the Royal Albert Hall this Saturday.
4. Stop by the London Gaming Market this Sunday to find retro video games, consoles and merchandising.
5 Make a floral card for Mother’s Day at Keat House this Sunday
Click on the map to see where the events are!