No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below…
London off the beaten path
- Don’t miss the pop-up shop dedicated to Queen on Carnaby Street.
- Try your hand at Shuffleboard… with a twist.
- Have a look at the James Bond installation at Burlington Arcade featuring a 007 inspired entrance at Burlington Gardens: special arches run the full length of the arcade, with a show stopping James Bond ‘Gun Barrel photo op’ in the centre.
- Do yoga in one one the London Eye capsules.
- Step into Gucci’s luxurious Circolo pop-up, quite a sight with its its outside walls covered in their signature “G” print logo. Inside, you will find a boutique store, a listening lounge playing vinyls, a bookstore with all things fashion, photography and art on the shelves and a Gucci café.
Culture and Art in London
- Temple tube station’s roof terrace has been given a fantastic rainbow makeover.
- Step into the Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo’s greatest masterpieces… The world famous ceiling paintings have been reproduced using licensed high-definition photos of the originals: a marvel to see.
- Kew Garden praises Asian countries’ plants, art and culture this season. The highlight, though, is One Thousand Springs, an intricate construction of 5,000 haikus suspended in a web of red threads… beautifully nestled in their Victorian greenhouse.
- Frieze returns: don’t miss the sculptures in Regent’s Park.
- Experience Silent Fall, a grove of tree-like automata releasing ephemeral scented bubbles that can be handled.
London foodie ideas
- Honest Burgers have teamed up with Nigerian tapas restaurant Chuku’s for a fantastic burger. Think beef patty topped with Fanta-candied bacon, cheddar, plantain crisps, Chuku’s spicy mayo, red onion, spinach & pickles. Pair it with an Eko Gold lager brewed with Nigerian palm sugar!
- Try Soho’s croissant café. Whiskey, cured salmon and seaweed? Truffle and cheese? Sweet ice-cream? Matcha and blueberry? Yes, they have it all.
- Get yourself a sustainable drink for London Cocktail Week. The World’s Most Rubbish Bar will show you how unwanted coffee grounds, leftover citrus husks and flat sparkling wine from local bars and coffee shops could be given a new lease of life, creating incredible-tasting spirits. Think banana peel rum, Chardonnay vodka…
- How about a superhero cocktail experience? Technology will help you uncover your super powers.
- Fall for Humble Crumble’s fantastic pumpkin crumble.
London for families
- Harry Potter fans, rejoice! Nine giant wands light up a magical walkway through Leicester Square Gardens between 6pm and 8.35pm every day.
- Let your little ones customise, design and build their own illuminated, working magic wand at the Wizard Exploratorium.
- Jeff Koonz’ famous balloon dogs are striking a pose in Covent Gardens.
- Discover where the real world and the Wizarding World intertwine at the Natural History Museum’s Fantastic Beasts exhibition.
- Explore South Kensington’s green trail and its mini nature hubs.
Click on the map to see where the events are!