No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below…
London off the beaten path
- Covent Garden already has already decked its beautiful arches with silver baubles and giant mistletoe decorations. There’s more! Flurries of snow flakes will delight visitors – right by the Christmas tree, every hour between midday and 7pm.
- And if you’re there on Saturday, look out for ice sculptures around the piazza – a celebration of Frozen, the musical, now playing at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane…
- Looking for Christmas presents already? Take a stroll through the Vintage Poster Market…
- … or try this adorable Finnish Christmas market: reindeer stew, Scandinavian treat, Moomin toys and more.
- Give curling a try at this pop-up in Coal Drops Yard.
Culture and Art in London
- The British Museum brings Stonehenge into sharper focus, showing that rather than a shadowy age of mystery, the Britain and Ireland of four millennia ago were places of big ideas, commerce and travel.
- Get your neon dose of happiness at Canary Wharf.
- Compare Tracey Emin to Edvard Munch at the Royal Academy of Art.
- Lives at Sea, at the National Maritime Museum, depicts the life of 6 working seafarers at sea: intimate moments between crew members, magical happenings beneath the water’s surface, the harsh realities of months spent living in tough conditions… Very touching.
- Lose yourself in Poussin’s world of riotous dancers at the National Gallery.
London foodie ideas
- Chilly autumn days really call for comforting bowls of ramen. Try Panton Yokocho, decked out like a downtown 1970s Tokyo bar with lanterns, posters, neon signs and a J-pop soundtrack. Order some hirata buns and melon soda floats too.
- Love rainbow bagels? Check out these blue and pink burgers in Camden.
- To celebrate the launch of their most rock’n’roll coffee,
- Dark Arts are hosting a party at their HQ this Saturday. There will be free food from plant-based fast food Mercy Burgers as well as free drinks from Jack Daniel’s, Vedett and Duvell.
- Best mezcal bars in town? Click here.
- Indulge in the Lanesborough’s Peggy Porschen Afternoon Tea, now adorned with the cutest Christmas toppings.
London for families
- Hampton Court ice rink is opening on Saturday. Get your skates on!
- UNIQLO Tate Play invites children to drop by the Tate Modern and bring their ideas to life through clay – just like Auguste Rodin.
- The cook, the captain, Nannie the figurehead: meet the Cutty Sark characters.
Click on the map to see where the events are!