No plans yet? Here are some more cool things to do this weekend in London. If you have tips we haven’t covered, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below…
London off the beaten path
- Christmas lights all around London… Here is where to find the prettiest sights. Make sure to check the thousands of stars lighting up Oxford Street this year!
- To celebrate the opening of Hawley Wharf, Camden Market is hosting a free party with DJ friends old and new. Join in – Wednesdays to Sundays, 1 to 7 pm until December 31.
- Somerset House Skate Lates with UNIQLO bring the ultimate open-air party atmosphere to the ice rink with their brand-new line-up of leading contemporary DJs.
- Hackney has its very own Christmas market, by the waterside, complete with a winter barge.
- Ride a steam train decorated with neon lights.
Culture and Art in London
- The Courtauld Gallery is reopening its doors on Friday, after three years of major refurbishment. Paintings from its world-famous collection of Impressionist art by Monet, Degas, Cézanne, Van Gogh, Manet and others will be reunited in the spectacular LVMH Great Room.
- Most people will have heard of Carl Fabergé, Russian jeweller to the ill-fated Romanov family. What is less well-known is that Fabergé opened a London branch, the only one outside Russia, which served aristocrats, heiresses, Maharajas and financiers. The newly opened V&A exhibition showcases the riches produced by this iconic jewellery house. And there is so much more to it than eggs!
- Lolita Chakrabarti’s stage adaptation of Yann Martel’s Man Booker Prize-winning novel Life of Pi is coming to the West End for a run at the Wyndham’s Theatre. Think amazing puppetry and visual effects…
- Theatre publisher Nick Hern Books is hosting its first-ever pop-up bookshop at the Bush Theatre. Visitors will be able to browse hundreds of play scripts and books, with prices starting at just £2.
- EFG London Jazz Festival is still on this week. Grab yourself tickets to listen to some of the best musicians in the world…
London foodie ideas
- Get free beer by making animal noises at the Brixton Brewery’s taproom.
- fire, umami, and spice: get a taste of West African cuisine at Akoko.
- Enjoy The Seafood Bar’s oyster happy hour: £1 oysters, every day from 3 and 5 pm.
- Why not indulge in a Christmas themed afternoon tea?
- Miracle at Henrietta, the Christmas-themed pop-up bar, renowned across America for its creative cocktails garnished with a side of kitsch, is back in Covent Garden for the fourth year. Cheers!
London for families
- Stop by Covent Garden to admire some amazing Lego creations: a rocket race car, a firefighting dragon, a cactus Christmas tree…
Click on the map to see where the events are!