My advice of the week? Go for a Christmas afternoon tea at the Mandeville hotel. They had already won my heart (and my stomach) with their traditional version and I fell for that one too. Tangerine tartlet with a touch of gold, light but delicious Stollen the best scones in town, mince pies to die for, cupcakes decorated as a Christmas tree, a brownie teaxture to the chocolate cake with a touch of mint… What better way to celebrate the season before, during or after a shopping session? Even better, match it to one of theur fantastic cocktails – the Via con me is a drink-it-up tiramisu version and the Dragonfly is very Turkish Delight like… You will be back for more!
‘Tis the season to be jolly:
* The Xmas tree dresses up in Legos at St Pancras.
* Don’t forget the Pudding Race!
* Woodlands get enchanted.
* Celebrate Xmas with a Swedish touch – gorgeous food and drinks, ski lodge atmosphere and soft furs…
December, your best excuse to do some shopping:
* Do your shopping at this night market. Chinese lanterns and DJ – what a lovely atmosphere!
Out of the ordinary:
* Turn back the clock and head for a sensational Victorian evening.
* Brave the cold.
* Fingercross for a chance to see the Cointreau Cabaret.
* Beat that winter-blues with a ray or two of light.
* Discover Mrs Marmite Lover’s London.