Fascinated but the Jubilee celebrations? This Thursday, the condown begins – only 60 days left before the Queen’s 60 years of reign. Go and raise your glass to the royal couple at Gordon’s Wine Bar. Look at the walls – historical covers of the Daily Mail present some of the most marking moments of Elisabeth II’s life. Cheers, your majesty! Want more ideas for the week-end? Scroll down:
That’s art baby!
* Damien Hirst, the polemical artist, opens his retrospective at the Tate.
Take the little ones along:
* Oh! A Lindt chocolate egg hunt!
* Not interested in the boat race? Discover the goat race in Hackney city farm on Sunday.
* If you loved the Secret Cinema, rejoyce. The Future Cinema has launched some morning sessions in the same spirit, meant for families. And believe me, Bugsy malone at the Troxy is worth making a detour for.
* Enjoy a family tour of Wembley with the Beano tour.
Out of the ordinary:
* Boring bingo? Try this Indie version on Thursday!
* On Thursday and Friday, go and play at the Old Vic Tunnels: volley-ball, badmington,campfire, ping-pong, deckchairs…
* Did you know there was a huge coffee culture in London a long time ago? Learn more with this walk through the city.
* Remember the roof garden planted last year for the Festival of Britain on the top of Royal Festival Hall? It is reopening this Saturday and is a lovely place to enjoy a Pimm’s with a view.
* Don’t miss the boat race between Oxford and Cambridge.
* Sunday, see the whole first season of Twin Peaks again at the Chapel Cinema. Oh, and a slice of cherry pie is included in the ticket.
* Try this app which tells you about the dark little stories of London.